Health Benefits of Prostate Massage & How to stimulate the prostate
It's not uncommon for guys to be apprehensive when it comes to trying prostate play, after all, it means something going up the bum. While anal sex simply doesn't appeal to many people, which is fine, don't totally write off the delights of prostate play until you've read the following...
There are tons of reasons why indulging in a bit of back door action could be great for your sex life:
- Prostate orgasms are often way more intense than penis-only climaxes. Many men report them as feeling bigger, longer lasting and much more satisfying.
- Trying something new in the bedroom is always thrilling and finding something you both enjoy to add to your longer term sexual repertoire is even more exciting.
- Men that want to experience multiple orgasms and learn how to separate ejaculation from orgasm often find it easier to learn how to control and achieve this during P-Spot stimulation.
- There are loads of expertly designed tools for the job, so you can have fun experimenting with different shapes, sizes and angles of prostate massagers, keeping your experiences fresh.
- Guys generally do the penetrating during sex, so putting the shoe on the other foot and allowing yourself to be penetrated could offer many new insights from how it feels, to the roles you adopt in the bedroom.
These are just the sensual benefits though. There are also some more serious health benefits to P-Spot massage that speak for themselves.
Health Benefits Of Prostate Massage
 Increased blood flow - Massage in general helps muscle and tissues relax, making it easier for blood to flow, so you get more oxygen going to the area and any waste is taken away from the tissue cells quicker. This helps keep the prostate gland cleaner overall.
 Better awareness - The more you engage with an area of your body, by feeling or looking, then the more familiar it becomes. This makes it easier to spot any problems or abnormalities early on.
 Flushing out blockages - While ejaculation forces a lot of fluid out of the prostate, some experts believe that it might not be enough to clear out all fluid or blockages effectively. Being backed up can result in prostatitis bacteria that grows around the prostate and cause pelvic pain and difficulty urinating. Direct massage is thought to be more effective at clearing these passages.
How to find and stimulate the prostate for maximum pleasure
That's the 'why would you bother' bit covered, so now it's time for the how. Charlie Glickman PhD, is a sex & relationship coach and author of The Ultimate Guide to Prostate Pleasure. He knows a thing or two about P-Spot best practice! Here Charlie gives us his expert prostate advice, so when you decide to give an erotic P-Spot massage a go, you'll know the basics and feel that bit more confident and relaxed about doing it.
â€œThe prostate is about the size and shape of a small plum and it's about 7.5-10 cm inside the anus (including the distance it takes to get past the anal muscles), towards the navel. It swells during arousal, so get your partner turned on first to make the prostate easier to find. Massage is an easy way to pleasure it. Try a "come here" motion, make circles with your fingertips, or try an in-and-out motion while maintaining firm pressure. Don't press too hard- more isn't always better!
Don't forget to include cock stimulation at the same time, whether with your other hand or with oral sex. Steady rhythm is more important than speed, so sync your strokes to make things extra fun. And be sure to use the pads of your fingers to avoid poking with your nails. Remember- stroke, don't poke!
Read our guide to having a comfortable anal experience, before engaging in prostate play. Don't fancy using your fingers? Check out our extensive range of prostate massagers that will help you do the job just as well.